Nusa LembonganSurf Spots
WHERE TO SURF NUSA LEMBONGAN, CENINGAN & PENIDA
Access Our Exclusive Members-Only Content
Unlock the Spot Finder, all Spot Guides, Member Perks and more.
SURFING IN NUSA LEMBONGAN
BEST BEGINNER SPOTS
Lacerations (small and high-tide)
BEST INTERMEDIATE SPOTS
Ceningan (Mahana Point)
BEST ADVANCED SPOTS
Can I get surf lessons on Nusa Lembongan?
One that comes highly recommended is Monkey Surfing Surf School.
Monkey Surfing Surf School focus on providing a quality experience and most importantly with safety first. Beginner surfers in the water consist of a maximum of three students per surf instructor. All surf instructors are ISA certified and have a lot of experience in the water. All classes follow ISA Standards.
Is there surfboard hire on Nusa Lembongan?
Is there a surf camp on Nusa Lembongan?
How do I get a boat out to the surf at Nusa Lembongan?
How to get around Nusa Lembongan?
1. On foot – Depending on how far you want to venture and where you are staying you can easily get around by foot in the Jungutbatu Beach area.
2. Bicycle – Bicycles are a cheap way to get around if you have got the energy to burn and can be rented from many accommodations and shops in the resorts of Jungutbatu and Mushroom Bay. Depending on how good you are at bartering a full day’s rental should cost no more than a few dollars. Some places like Mainski Inn have a good variety of well-maintained bicycles and on the flat areas of Nusa Lembongan getting around by bicycle is quite enjoyable.
3. Scooter – Hiring a scooter is a great option to get around quickly and efficiently. Scooters are also perfect for getting up and down the hills once you venture out of the main beach area around to Mushroom Bay and the other side of the island. Scooters are also the only form of transport that you can use to cross the small bridge to Nusa Ceningan from Nusa Lembongan.
4. Golf Buggy – If you aren’t comfortable on a scooter than Island Buggy Hire provides a great alternative. Hiring buggies to venture around the small island is quite common and makes for a great form of transport if you are in a group and want to discover the nooks and crannies of beautiful Lembongan.
Are there cars and taxis on Nusa Lembongan?
Where is Nusa Lembongan?
Is Nusa Lembongan part of Bali?
Of the three Nusa Islands which is best?
When is the best time to go to Nusa Lembongan?
Are there ATM’s on Nusa Lembongan?
- Get some cash out from an ATM attached to a bank in Bali before you travel to Nusa Lembongan. They have the best security.
- The next best ATM option is branded stand-alone ATMs. For example, BNI stand-alone ATMs are generally serviced frequently and are well kept in Bali. However, this isn’t the case so much in Nusa Lembongan so be mindful of that.
- Avoid independently owned ATMs such as those located in convenience stores. Not only do they charge higher transaction fees, but they are also the number one target of fraudulent activity, such as the installation of skimming devices.
- Transfer small amounts of money into the bank account connected to the card you use to withdraw money as you need it.
How to get to Nusa Lembongan?
Step 1. Book your fast boat from Sanur in Bali to Nusa Lembongan online with one of the many companies to choose from. (Fast boats also travel from Benoa harbour and Padang Bai port in Bali as well as the Gili Islands).
Step 2. If you did not opt for a shuttle service when booking your fast boat get yourself to Sanur Beach yourself with plenty of time to spare.
Step 3. When your fast boat is ready your luggage will be loaded and then you can board.
Step 4. The trip across to Nusa Lembongan from Sanur usually takes approximately 35 minutes arriving at Nusa Lembongan.
Note that if there are large ocean swells then all fast boats will be cancelled. In these circumstances, it is not uncommon for travellers to charter a helicopter on their return trip.